Oliver August has reported from the world’s war zones and financial markets for more than two decades. His specializations include American grand strategy, Chinese development, Middle East conflicts, African and Asian emerging markets and the future of the EU. He has been based in Baghdad, Beijing, Beirut, Berlin, Damascus, London, Nairobi, New York and Singapore. Oliver is the author of two books: Along the Wall and Watchtower: A journey down Germany’s divide (1999) and Inside the Red Mansion (2007).
Value and expected outcomes
- Understand where economic opportunities lie in the future and how the global business environment will be affected by conflicts
- Get tailored advice about your geographic exposure and industry sector
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the future of globalization, where businesses can operate in the future and whether globalization will pass a high-water mark
- Learn more sophisticated and less biased interpretations of current and future geopolitical trends, eventually leading to better decisions
What is covered?
This masterclass works out where economic opportunities lie in the future and how conflicts will shape the global business environment, including deep dives into the economics and geopolitics of the Middle East, Europe, Russia, China and the US, and tracing how global stock and commodity prices are influenced by geopolitics.
This masterclass is orchestrated through a series of simulations and group exercises. You will not only more deeply understand geopolitical threats and opportunities but actually put yourself ‘in the enemy’s shoes’, playing out several scenarios from different perspectives. Trying different ‘hats’ makes your thinking more nuanced and sophisticated and, perhaps to your surprise, you see the world differently.
Who will benefit?
- Firms that operate in far-flung markets wanting to anticipate the future political and economic climate there
- Senior executives in a wide range of industries
- Strategists and decision-makers looking to enter new markets
- Analysts and consultants advising clients on international development
Find out more about Oliver and our Masterclasses.
Head of Executive Learning
+44 (0) 20 8748 9595
Or provide your contact details below and we will contact you: