April Rinne: “One of the 50 Leading Female Futurists in the world” – Forbes.
April Rinne delves into the notion of flux, sharing her main takeaways on how leaders and teams can improve their tolerance for uncertainty. The inevitable reality of change is only speeding up, the top-ranked futurist helps organisations navigate this age of unprecedented uncertainty.
The bestselling author explores a few of the eight superpowers that help us thrive in constant change, describing how people can truly embrace what she calls a Flux Mindset. Her well-rounded approach has been shaped by her education – including Harvard Law School – travels to over 100 countries, and resilient personal experiences.
Rinne discusses the aspects of modern life that have made us so rigid in the presence of uncertainty, and how this can be overcome. An important point of discussion remains how eduction needs to change to better prepare the youth for the growing inevitability of a world in constant flux.
Rinne is a trusted advisor to well-known startups, companies, financial institutions, nonprofits, think tanks, and governments worldwide, including Airbnb, Nike, Intuit, the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, AnyRoad, and Unsettled as well as governments ranging from Singapore to South Africa, Canada to Colombia, and Italy to India.
- 00:16 – Who are you and what do you do?
- 00:49 – What made you fall involve with change?
- 01:58 – Your latest book, FLUX, covers the 8 superpowers that help us thrive in constant change. How can people embrace this mindset?
- 02:53 – What personal experiences have influenced your view on change and flux?
- 05:09 – How can leaders and teams improve their tolerance for uncertainty?
- 07:24 – What aspects of modern life have made us so rigid, so unhappy in the presence of uncertainty? – by
- 10:19 – How might we better prepare our young people and bring this life lesson into classrooms so that the ability to deal with it becomes more organic? – by
- 12:23 – What is next for you?