Azeem Azhar is on a mission to explain how our societies and ways of life will change under the force of exponential technologies.
In this new book ‘The Exponential Age: How the Next Digital Revolution Will Rewire Life on Earth’, to be released in September, he talks about a wholly new way to think about technology, which will transform your understanding of the economy, politics, and the future.
Azeem Azhar is an award-winning entrepreneur and writer and host of the Exponential View podcast, which explains how society and the political economy are changing under the force of technology and distributed by Harvard Business Review. This is a top ten podcast in technology in the UK and the top 50 in the US. He is also a senior advisor to professional services firm, PwC as well as having invested in more than 30 startups, with exits to Microsoft & Amazon amongst others. The early part of Azhar’s career took him to journalism, where he covered technology at The Guardian and The Economist
- 00:16 – On the 7th of September 2021, your new book ‘Exponential’ will be released. Could you give us a quick overview?
- 01:23 – What can businesses learn from it?
- 02:36 – What is the ‘Exponential Age’?
- 04:10 – With new technology getting faster and more efficient, should we worry about humans becoming obsolete?
- 06:08 – Is the current direction of technology the right one?
- 07:17 – What is your view on the UBI (Universal Basic Income)?
- 08:56 – If you had one dream technology that could fix things within our society, what would it be?
- 09:45 – What is next for you?