Geoff White is a world-renowned investigative journalist and author, who gives us a glimpse into the underground world of the dark web.
During this exclusive interview, Geoff White shares some of his extensive expertise on cybercrime. He discusses his latest book, The Lazarus Heist, which examines how hackers, on behalf of North Korea, used cutting-edge technology to steal over $1bn.
White offers meaningful insights to corporations and governments, enabling them to combat the prevalent threat of cybercrimes. His understanding of the complexities that characterise this elusive world, equips him with foresight on what the future of privacy and data looks like.
White explores how emerging technologies will affect privacy and security, stating that, “quantum computing will ruin a great deal of the encryption technology that sits behind the security of our transactions.”
Join Geoff White in uncovering a world that remains largely incognito, yet is a growing threat to us all.
- 00:16 – Who are you and what do you do?
- 00:37 – Your upcoming book, “The Lazarus Heist: From Hollywood to High Finance, Inside North Korea’s Global Cyber War” has brilliant reviews. Can you share a bit about the process of writing this book?
- 01:58 – Having investigated the global underground world of cybercrime and the dark web. How can corporations and governments combat this elusive yet prevalent threat?
- 03:29 – Does the future of data and privacy concern you?
- 04:49 – In your opinion, how might the recent privatisation of Twitter, by Elon Musk, impact the privacy and data of users? Are there any risks associated with this?
- 06:35 – How will emerging technologies such as Metaverse, Quantum Computing, etc affect privacy and security risks?
- 07:57 – What is next for you?
Geoff White’s book “The Lazarus Heist” is available here.
Interested in booking Geoff White as a keynote speaker for your next event?