James Kerr is a superb presenter and a natural storyteller who speaks on a mixture of topics including sports psychology, leadership practice and organisational science, with a compelling narrative.
James Kerr is the author behind the global best-seller ‘Legacy’, revealing the simple secrets of the success behind some of the world’s elite business, sports and military organisations. In Legacy, Kerr unpicks the secrets of the world’s most successful sporting team, the All Blacks. In 2019 he published ‘The Legacy Workbook’, a Curriculum for Change, addressing the practical challenges leaders face in implementing change. His latest book ‘Where the Earth Meets the Sky’ was released last year. This unsparing but inspiring chronicle documents the Everest basecamp disaster in 2015. It shows what it takes to survive a hostile environment, to adapt and overcome. In the face of adversity.
There is an impressive list of teams and corporations that have sought Kerr’s expertise including, US and UK Tier One Special Forces, Formula 1 teams, America’s Cup crews, Premier League football managers, Olympic Performance Directors, Google, PayPal, Dyson, Red Bull, Shell and Boeing.
As well as keynotes and inspiring team talks, Kerr also runs highly interactive LegacyLabs – masterclasses in which participants design their own high-performance culture and personal leadership story. In these sessions, Kerr challenges participants to first design, and then take responsibility for delivering, the marginal gains that deliver breakthrough results. Acting as a creative catalyst, Kerr unlocks the latent potential within the team, helping develop agility, resilience, connection, cohesion and common purpose.
- 00:16 – How can leaders motivate and get the best from their teams whilst working from home?
- 01:44 – How can we personally achieve a higher performance rate, without external motivation (i.e. working from home) – any tips to unleash our full potential?
- 03:04 – What are the main obstacles leaders face currently?
- 04:31 – What would you recommend to leaders to stimulate and create stronger bonds with their team members?
- 06:09 – What are your best tips for personal resilience?
- 7:40 – What is next for you?
Interested in booking James Kerr as a keynote speaker or boardroom advisor?