James Kerr is a writer, speaker and consultant focusing on developing team identity to deliver the best performance. His bestselling book Legacy,
15 Lessons in Leadership, takes the All Blacks – the world’s most successful rugby team – as a case study for what it takes to develop a world class ‘values-based, vision-led, purpose-driven’ cultural environment. James has worked with leaders and elite teams in diverse organizations, from operational teams in the British Army and the US Navy to front-line sales teams at Morgan Stanley, HSBC, Ra es, Savoy, Oxfam and the NHS.
Value and expected outcomes
- A ‘common cause’ that is understood and invested into by the wider team
- A set of standards and expectations that is signed up to by all parties
- An understanding and implementation of the everyday actions required to deliver on the team’s ambitions
What is covered?
- Understand what a high-performing team is really like beyond the cliché and provide a pathway towards achieving that
- Help the leadership group bring alive its ‘narrative’ – who are you and what are you trying to achieve?
- Identify priorities and set goals in the short, medium and long-term that focus on ful lment of whatever narrative you identify
- Further develop the existing ground rules on how the group should operate, setting expectations about behavior, accountability and delivery
- Enable the team to have deeper, richer discussions about uncomfortable topics dealing with challenges and conflict constructively
- Develop a leadership team style in which strategic goals are clear to all, and people are empowered to take tactical decisions
Who will benefit?
- Teams of various sizes and functions, facing new challenges, both of internal and external nature
- Team leaders and executives willing to deeply understand team dynamics and bring their teams to the highest levels of performance, but also looking for a way to keep this high performance sustainable
- Newly formed integrated project teams with ambitious goals
- Mature start-ups facing the challenges of growth
Find out more about James and our Masterclasses.
Head of Executive Learning
+44 (0) 20 8748 9595
Or provide your contact details below and we will contact you: