Dr. Itiel Dror is a cognitive neuroscientist, who investigates what drives people to make certain decisions and mistakes. His academic work relates to theoretical issues underlying human cognition.
Dr. Itiel Dror researches how technology impacts our intelligence, acknowledging that it enhances our ability and extends our minds. With that being said, it results in people “offloading a lot of their brain function”, ultimately impacting their brain plasticity and “making them more stupid.”
Itiel Dror approaches this discussion from an optimistic stance, stating that although technology is making our brain capacity decrease, there are ways to combat this.
During this exclusive interview, he shares how this can be achieved – “use it or lose it.” Technology is doing more, and the brain is doing less, which will affect human nature in the long term.
Dror also explores the regulations that should come along with this, as society is being affected as a whole.
- 00:16 – Who are you and what do you do?
- 00:53 – How does technology impact our intelligence and brains generally?
- 01:49 – How will the impact of technology on our brains affect our futures?
- 02:32 – Are there’s ways to combat these impacts?
- 03:08 – What future regulations should there be on technologies, if any?
- 03:56 – What is next for you?
Interested in booking Dr Itiel Dror as a keynote speaker or boardroom advisor?