Georgie Barrat is Technology Journalist, Broadcaster and Presenter who is fascinated by how technology is shaping us both culturally and socially, as well as how technology is disrupting the way we work and socialise.
At the beginning of 2017, Georgie Barrat joined The Gadget Show’s new presenting line-up and has spent the past four years testing and reporting on the latest consumer technology. In 2019 Georgie also presented the BBC’s FIA formula E’s Championship coverage. Alongside her work on the Gadget Show, Georgie has reported for numerous news outlets and her writing credits extend to a range of publications including The Mirror, Tech City News, The Guardian, Marie Claire & The Metro.
She spent 2020 developing her relationship with Service Now, an American based software company, hosting numerous webinars and live broadcasts to a global audience. Georgie has hosted two podcasts; “The Tech Disruption Series” which saw her interview various start-ups that are disrupting industries and “Sleep Life”, a podcast all about sleep. She is now working on a new podcast about tech wellbeing, how we can better live alongside our gadgets to reduce the noise and the distraction but also enhance their life building qualities.
- 00:16 – Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do?
- 01:06 – One of your favourite keynotes is called ‘the Tech Tourist’ – can you share with us some insights?
- 02:56 – How do technologies impact the world of work? What’s coming next?
- 04:48 – You are passionate about studying how technologies and more specifically how social media impact the way we live, socialize, communicate, etc. What can you share with us on these topics?
- 06:36 – What are the next consumer trends to watch out for?
- 07:54 – In one of your podcast series, you interview start-ups entrepreneurs – what are the hot topics/issues for them currently?
- 08:38 – What is next for you?