Jason Bevan is the Former Head of Creative Development & VP Marketing EMEA at Warner Bros Studios.
Jason Bevan has worked with legendary filmmakers and actors on massive movies for 16 years and reveals how several iconic film ideas came to be and how we can all powerfully employ the same techniques used to create them. Jason shows why creativity has become one of our most valuable skills in the post-pandemic world and how we can generate ideas with simple logic.
He has worked with teams in 37 countries at WB and has been known for pushing creative boundaries on campaigns such as the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films, DC movies like Joker, The Dark Knight and Aquaman films, the Lego movies, the Conjuring and IT horrorverse and the Christopher Nolan movies. Previously Jason worked for Disney in London and Paris, he continues to work with top film and entertainment companies, as co-founder of Content Creator Studios. In addition to speaking on the TED circuit, he is also an expert speaker for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- 00:16 – A lot of people think they are not creative – what do you say to them?
- 00:56 – Why is creativity important now?
- 01:34 – You worked on most of the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts movies– What did they tell you about teams and creativity? Any secret tips?
- 02:24 – Do you have any tips to share to unlock our own creativity?
- 03:16 – What did you learn from the best film makers?
- 04:12 – Why is Diversity & Inclusion key to succeeding creatively?
- 05:18 – Should AI be feared against human creativity?
- 05:49 – Has creativity become subservient to our new obsession with data?
- 06:31 – What is next for you?