Jasper Becker is an Author Writer Publisher & Speaker on China Economy & International Affairs. He has been a foreign correspondent for 25 years including 17 years based in Beijing and written three books on China, one on North Korea and another on Mongolia.
His new book ‘Made in China: Wuhan, Covid and the Quest for Biotech Supremacy’, with many years of experience in investigative journalism, Becker’s masterly knowledge of Chinese history and Chinese language offer unique insights that allow readers to reach their own conclusions as to the cause of the pandemic, a watershed in world affairs.
Jasper Becker started his career working in Brussels, Geneva and Frankfurt for The Associated Press. He worked for The Guardian newspaper and reported from Beijing from 1985 to 1989 and as such the paper nominated him as foreign correspondent of the year for his coverage of the 1989 Tiananmen demonstrations. In May 2002, he gave evidence about North Korea at a hearing held by the House of Representatives International Relations Committee and has given talks to the US Council for International Relations, and other venues.
- 00:16 – Your new book ‘Made In China’ will be released shortly. What can weexpect?
- 01:38 – You are saying that Biotech is a massive priority for China. Why?
- 02:23 – What do you think is next for China? Do you think International committees will start new investigations?
- 04:36 – You have lived in Asia for over a decade. Does trust between the Chinese people and Chinese authorities remain intact?
- 07:42 – Could those assumptions harm China’s authority within the RCEP agreement, as well as international relationships?
- 10:25 – What is next for you?