Ken Hughes is a leading consumer and shopper behaviourist whose expertise is highly sought after, especially in the post-pandemic world where so much has changed for both consumers and businesses. He deeply analyses the science, psychology and sociology behind what people buy and how they buy it.
In this exclusive interview, Ken Hughes provides fascinating insights into consumer behaviour and the importance of “connecting with consumers in a way that gives companies customer lifetime value”.
By studying how the dynamic between customers and businesses is changing, Hughes is able to accurately decipher how organisations should approach their target market.
He is the creator of “The Blue Dot Consumer”, where brands and businesses revolve around you, the customer. Essentially, in todays world the consumer is not the end point of the customer journey, but rather the centre of it. Watch this interview to learn more about consumer behaviour in the post-pandemic world and what strategies are most effective.
- 00:16 – Who are you and what do you do?
- 00:45 – Early in 2020, you coined the phrase ‘The Captive Economy’. How did consumers change over that time?
- 02:12 – Your business blog is called ‘The Blue Dot Consumer’. What does that mean?
- 03:46 – What do you think the biggest challenge for brands and business is now post-pandemic?
- 05:12 – You also released a video called ‘the Innovation Sludge’ recently. What does that mean?