Matthew Griffin in an award-winning futurist, referred to as a “young Kurzweil”. He is the founder of the 311 Institute, working with some of the world’s most respected brands, the G20 governments as well as royalty – helping them effectively prepare for the future. He also founded the World Futures Forum, which works closely with the UN and brings innovative minds together, to tackle some of the most pressing issues of our time – famine, climate change, poverty and education. XPotential University is one of the first virtual reality universities, founded by Griffin, “aiming to make education accessible to everyone”.
During this exclusive interview, Matthew Griffin shares his vision of “making sure the benefits of the future are equally distributed to everybody… not just the people who have the money and the resources to access them”. This thought-provoking discussion looks at these major challenges and explores solutions to them. He stresses the reality that there are lots of problems that are solvable, yet they are not being prioritised.
By working with some of the world’s largest investment organisations, he has witnessed a positive shift in the way many are approaching sustainability and ethics, while maintaining if not increasing their profit margins.
Contrary to what mainstream media shares, he discusses that the future is not all doom and gloom – bear in mind, good news does not sell. With that being said, he “shows people that they are marching into the light, not the dark”. By analysing a staggering number of data points, he is able to determine solutions to complex problems organisations may face. Through this in-depth and thorough analysis, he accurately predicts which technologies will shape the future and subsequently share game-changing insights.
Griffin gives organisations a complete view of the future, of what is seemingly unimaginable – “every single thing that you look at as science fiction, in already science fact” – enabling them to prepare, adapt and envision.
While just scratching the service in this interview, he provides a fascinating comprehension of some of the most pressing topics and issues companies may face, that will ultimately transform your approach to the future.
- 00:16 – Who are you and what do you do?
- 01:28 – You are concerned with growing global inequality. What do organisations and governments need to implement, to ensure the benefits of the future are accessible to everyone?
- 06:48 – Science fiction is fast becoming a science fact”, how does education need to change to effectively prepare people for the future?
- 10:11 – You have been referred to as the “Young Kurzweil”. How are you able to strategise for the future with such accuracy and brilliant insight?
- 13:54 – We hear all sort of things about Web3, Metaverse, etc. Could you please make sense of it for us?
- 15:50 – You founded the “311 Institute”, a global Futures and Deep Futures consultancy working across the next 50 years. Which technologies will shape this period?
- 17:51 – You met a lot of people from different cultures, do people fear those upcoming technologies or are they expecting the change to come?
- 23:24 – What will organisations get with discussing with you? What’s your USP?
- 25:50 – What is next for you?
Interested in booking Matthew Griffin as a keynote speaker or boardroom advisor?