Nicklas Bergman connects the dots between entrepreneurship, investing and future. Technologies have the ability to completely transform industries, the deep-tech investor shares how people and organisations can “future-proof” themselves.
During this interview, Nicklas Bergman delves into some challenges society is unprepared for in the coming decade. “Our global energy demand will more of less double in the next 20 years.”
He discusses his latest book, Navigating the Techstorm, in which he explores “how emerging technologies will impact the future of business”. Generative AI has shaken things up, Bergman helps organisations make sense of this AI craze, “we shouldn’t fear the new; we should fear stagnation”.
Nicklas Bergman discusses how we can differentiate the real deal from the hype around these new and exciting technologies – will that tech bubble burst? “Quite often we overestimate the effects in the short-term, and underestimate them in the long-term.”
- 00:16 – Who are you and what do you do?
- 00:56 – What are some key takeaways from your latest book?
- 03:13 – What specific challenges or trends do you think society is unprepared for
- 05:55 – How can we tell the hype from the real deal when trying to incorporate new technologies into our business?
- 08:44 – How can people future-proof themselves professionally?
- 10:37 – What is next for you?