Shola Kaye helps global organisations prepare for the future of work using the power of emotional intelligence, effective communication and inclusion nudges. Shola’s work is frequently described as practical, easily implementable and inspiring.
She shares frameworks, accessible case studies and valuable insights gained from working with clients across a wide range of industries. What truly sets Shola Kaye apart is her unique journey as a professional entertainer, having performed on stages worldwide. Prior to this, she spent time as a scientific researcher at the U.S. Centers For Disease Control and worked as a management consultant and corporate executive in the UK and the USA. Her background infuses her keynotes with a unique, engaging energy that captivates audiences, keeping them actively involved and encouraging introspection and interaction at every turn.
Successful companies are seeking to create environments of compassion, collaboration and inclusion, supporting their ever-more diverse, often remote, teams. They call on Shola to support their employees, helping them increase innovation, bolster belonging and develop engaged, loyal, productive environments. Shola’s clients include American Express, Deloitte, Google, Meta, IBM, Nestle, Henkel, GSK, Reckitt, HSBC and Oracle.
Shola Kaye is the author of two books (How to be a D.I.V.A. at Public Speaking and Big Talk, Small Talk) and has written for a variety of industry publications.
Practical inspiration, helping you create a culture of belonging. This empowering, interactive keynote delivers practical frameworks and moving stories that will help you build an inclusive environment. You’ll walk away with the understanding that everyone can be an ally, whatever your situation. We’ll explore the importance of taking action – however limited – rather than feeling that you don’t have the power to make a difference. Discover a source of renewed vitality and enthusiasm for the important task of creating an inclusive workplace.
– Explore the power of empathy and curiosity
– Understand the importance of being an ally and calling out bias
– Learn useful sentence starters to call in and engage across differences
– Navigate the dimensions of allyship and understand the various roles needed to create a sustainable DEI movement
– Uncover the value of compassion for the self, and for others
This interactive and insightful speech focuses on personal inclusion and the benefits
that come from asking for what you want. This talk motivates those hesitant to seize opportunities to confidently go for their goals. It’s well-documented that women are less likely than men to apply for roles more senior than their current position. The reasons for this are complex. This talk highlights the transformative impact of actively seeking what one needs, from support to opportunities, and how this can foster personal and community growth. The presentation shares real life stories, offers practical strategies for effective asking and provides insights to help move past the fear of rejection. The session also explores the role of questions as a way to include, empower and inspire others, spurring them to embrace greater challenges and pursue their aspirations.
– Explore the concept of self inclusion as a means to empower oneself and others.
– Learn a framework for confidently requesting help, information, and opportunities, at the right time and in the right way.
– Discover how well-placed inquiries and encouragement can inspire others to achieve their full potential.
– Understand and tackle the psychological and social hurdles that prevent people from asking.
– Combat the fear of rejection with Shola’s 5Rs framework
Give your employees the inspiration, know-how and tools to
create a culture of openness and collaboration. During this high-energy, interactive keynote we explore the power of transparency, psychological safety and positive reinforcement to create an inclusive culture where everyone feels equipped,
encouraged and able to share their views and ideas. The result of a speak up culture? A high performing, innovative, respectful workplace in which people can be who they are and express themselves without fear of retribution, rejection or ridicule.
– Review what happens when it’s not safe to express ourselves authentically, resulting in behaviours such as covering, groupthink and code-switching
– Navigate ways to create team safety and an environment of collaboration so that colleagues feel comfortable sharing their views
– Explore tools such as the personal user manual as a way to promote inclusion by sharing our needs and preferences
– Discover tools and communication frameworks that help everyone express themselves respectfully, regardless of personality type and cultural identity
Back by popular demand! First created a few years ago for IWD, clients continue to book this hands-on, fun, invigorating session.
Shola will show you how we can all be D.I.V.A.S. in the workplace, elevating our voices, being more visible and creating opportunities for permanent change. Challenging the status quo can be tough, and when we’re under pressure at work, instead of speaking up it can sometimes seem easier to take a back seat. During this session, Shola will share proven tools and strategies from her Amazon bestselling book, ‘How to be a D.I.V.A. at Public Speaking’
With powerful content that has inspired global audiences from a wide cross section of industries and professions, you’ll take away career-boosting strategies to unlock your communication potential.
This interactive keynote, with live demonstrations, chat and real-time Q&A, is designed to support you in being seen, heard and valued. You’ll leave with practical communication tools to help you become more:
DYNAMIC – Stop being a wallflower and receive the attention you deserve during meetings and high stakes conversations
INSPIRING – Develop a powerful brand story and use your career challenges to motivate and mobilise others
VALUABLE – Share your opinion with clarity and precision using a simple but effective communication tool
AUTHENTIC – Determine your communication values and develop an unshakeable foundation for speaking up
SUPPORTIVE – Pick up strategies to amplify the voices of your colleagues and peers
Develop the skills to support and co-create your colleagues’ success.
Delivering effective feedback is a valuable life skill. Feedback can be empowering, inspiring and can drive an individual, and their team, towards fantastic success. However, if delivered in the wrong way, feedback can be divisive, demotivating, and destructive. And when we avoid giving feedback to spare someone’s feelings, the eventual outcome can be just as damaging.
– Discover the four elements required to create psychological safety so that your feedback is well-received.
– Gain insights from powerful personal stories and statistics on how feedback affects motivation and performance.
– Explore the repercussions of poor feedback styles such as The Drive-by, The Comparison, The Public Humiliation, and The Wrecking Ball.
– Take away an effective strategy for delivering feedback as an individual contributor After this session, you’ll feel renewed energy and enthusiasm for giving and receiving feedback. You’ll have a deeper insight into the role your personality plays when delivering feedback and will be able to take steps to optimise your performance. You’ll learn some effective frameworks for sharing feedback in a way that gets results.
Inclusive leadership is essential for success in today’s complex, dispersed and diverse workplaces. Inclusive leaders create a sense of belonging for all employees, regardless of their background, location or identity. This leads to increased engagement, happiness, and productivity. If you want
your organization to succeed, you need to equip your leaders, and their teams, with the skills and knowledge to communicate inclusively.
After this session you’ll feel better able to support your remote, diverse, cross-cultural teams, creating an environment of understanding, innovation and high performance.
– Understand the need for inclusive leadership, the six key traits of inclusive leaders, and how to translate those traits into essential behaviours.
– Learn to develop a psychologically safe environment that supports innovation and creativity.
– Develop cultural awareness and use language that is respectful and inclusive.
– Recognise the power of inclusion nudges for remote and in-person teams, and learn some simple but effective strategies for running inclusive meetings.
This keynote explores how emotional intelligence skills – in particular, empathy and self-awareness – can create a successful, high-performing workplace culture. Enlightened leaders focus on the whole person rather than on task accomplishment. Through understanding, emotional intelligence, and other ‘power’ skills, we can create environments of belonging, innovation, and productivity. This is an interactive keynote with opportunities for reflection and stories to help land the learning.
This session helps your emerging and established leaders understand why it’s so important to recognise the whole person and develop stronger bonds with their teams. They’ll walk away with the practical relationship tools and transformational insights that facilitate success in workplaces of increasing complexity and technological advancement. Keynote may be additionally customised by mapping your corporate values onto the discussed skills and behaviours.
– Understand the benefits of an emotionally intelligent approach to overcoming differences and creating cohesion.
– Recognise the value of self-awareness and self-regulation in the workplace.
– Create a link between empathy, feedback and performance.
– Gain insight into the generative power of encouragement and effective communication.
Walk away with the tools and the inspiration to become a more respectful and understanding leader, manager, or individual contributor. During this highly beneficial keynote, you’ll explore the vital components of empathy, how to be a better listener and how to develop compassion. Deepen your relationships and provide support for colleagues, friends and family.
This session will help create an environment of understanding, lower resistance to change, and will prepare your employees for further interventions in the areas of D.E.I., Wellbeing, Emotional Intelligence, Kindness, Leadership Effectiveness and Respect in the workplace. Participants will take away frameworks and tools for approaching others with compassion, and communicating across differences.
– Explore data points that emphasise the importance of empathy and perspective-taking for workplace success.
– Participate in powerful self-reflection exercises to learn more about your style of listening and your listening strengths and weaknesses.
– Find out how empathy and listening support diversity, inclusion, engagement, retention and innovation in the workplace.
– Explore the themes of curiosity, courage and being a catalyst for change
Show More Show Less
"What a fantastic presentation Shola gave to a large audience at our International Women's Day event! She was enthusiastic, highly professional, on-target with content, and provided very timely information. The messages were delivered with examples, and audience participation, thereby increasing the takeaway ability, and allowing participants to quickly apply learnings to real-life scenarios."
Sonia Zacher-Martini, Manager - Project Controls, PSEG
"We were lucky enough to have Shola as our key note speaker this week for our global Women's network GlanbiaNow. Shola was perfect in addressing the #breakthebias focus of IWD and provided us strategies and practical ideas on how to manage this in the work place. She was engaging and energetic and was a great speaker even in a virtual format. Thanks Shola and please let me know if you ever need a recommendation."
Wendy Chang Smith, CFO, Glanbia Performance Nutrition
"A dynamic, articulate, empathic and warm presenter. She clearly knows her subject matter. Highly recommended."
Glenn Gutmacher, VP Talent Acquisition - State Street
"We booked Shola as a keynote speaker for our International Women's Day Celebration in our Global Group. She spoke to us about Calling Out, Calling In and Speaking Up. It was a very helpful session, providing plenty of takeaways and tools for our attendees to use to help create workplace equity. It was a very inspiring session. In the post session survey, 100% expressed that the content was valuable. Thank you Shola!"
Lynn Poole, Human Resources Manager, MB Aerospace
"The session was both interactive, fun and also compassionate. We received a lot of positive feedback."
Sumi Shukla, VP EMEA Marketing - Riverbed Technology
"The combination of empathy in the workplace and DEI really spoke to our workforce and I am excited to continue to work with Shola."
Nasra Osman, UK Lead for Race & Ethnicity - Reckitt
"A joy to work with. The content was so powerful and authentically delivered, our teams are still raving about it today."
Victoria Morrison, Global Marketing Director - Hotwire PR
"Great session and a lot to reflect on individually, and as a group."
Paul Pythian, Executive Partner - IBM
"Wonderful to collaborate with, and she delivered exactly what we were looking for... a top-notch keynote to more than 900 people."
Professor Allison G. Butler - Bryant University
"Shola managed to navigate an emotive topic with clear, actionable takeaways and with calmness, poise and respect."
Louisa Golden, SVP Technology Chief of Staff - Citi
Contact us to get Shola Kaye's fees and availability for your next event
One of our consultants will get back to you soon