Michael teaches leadership, mainly because he had a profound journey and then subsequent success regarding this. One of the companies he founded was on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing US companies. The workplace he created through his leadership was impressive, this company won “No.1 Best Place to Work”. Among other accolades, Michael was awarded the “Social Entrepreneur of the Year”.
Leadership sits at the core of ensuring the success of a business. Michael Anderson has a Master’s Degree in Psychology, which helped him understand how people work, act and think, contributing hugely to his understanding of effective leadership.
His bestselling book, “Leading in The Next Normal”, highlights how companies can navigate and lead during these growing digital workforce times. There are many strategic forces working for and against companies, it is essential they learn how to adapt and prosper. Therefore, he helps strategically guide companies through these changes, with significant emphasis on leadership and workplace culture. Through his initial struggle and inexperience as a leader, he understood that by employing vulnerability and authenticity into his leadership approach, he was able to empower and trust his workers while creating a positive company culture.
- 00:16 – Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do?
- 01:33 – How did studying psychology help you as a leader?
- 02:43 – In Dec 2020 you published the book ‘Leading in the Next Normal’ – How have things evolved since then?
- 04:42 – What are the secrets to building an engaged virtual workforce? Any tips?
- 06:40 – How do you define the role of emotional intelligence in leadership? Is it key for the success of any organisation?
- 08:25 – What is next for you?