Tony Sales is one of very few people who has ever worked at the summit of organised crime and the pinnacle of fraud and loss prevention. After a career spanning 30 years, Sales has expertise in a wide range of criminal activities covering the online and offline worlds.
Dubbed “Britain’s Greatest Fraudster” by the British media, his cross-over from elite criminal to top level consultant (now trusted by the inner sanctums of banking, insurance, financial services and retail with their most sensitive information) has been remarkable.
Tony Sales now advises some of the biggest businesses on their fraud and loss prevention strategies as well as speaking at key conferences and corporate get-togethers around the world.
With digital and cyber security becoming one of the biggest priorities right now due to the global pandemic, we wanted to ask Sales some key questions to tap into his knowledge and experience. His new book ‘The Big Con: How I Stole £30 Million And Got Away with It’ was also released last year, so we wanted to hear more about this incredible story of how he stole a fortune, lost it all and turned his life around.
- 00:16 – Congratulations on your recent book. Released last year, ‘The Big Con: How I stole £30 Million and got away with it’ has had great reviews.
- 01:30 – What would you say has been the most positive response and from whom?
- 02:18 – What would you say is the biggest impact COVID has had on issues such as Digital fraud and what are some of the measures that have had to be put in place?
- 03:06 – In the past, you have said that most hacks have a human element to them. Can you explain what those human elements are? How have things changed with more people working remotely now?
- 04:33 – Where should companies focus their efforts in this space?
- 07:25 – Have companies adopted and embraced remote training for cyber threats enough or has their attention been elsewhere?
- 09:36 – What do you think was the biggest risk to companies and organisations in 2020?
- 10:59 – How will the long-term effects of the global pandemic change our digital / cybersecurity landscape in the future?
- 12:18 – What is next for you in 2021? Your next project?
Tony Sales’ book “The Big Con: How I stole £30 million and got away with it” is available
Interested in booking Tony Sales as a keynote speaker for your next event?