Neil Laughton is a pioneering adventurer and entrepreneur, who initially trained as a Royal Marine Commando and reached the rank of Captain in the UK Special Forces. Since then, he travels the world motivating audiences and business leaders with his brilliant insights into leadership, dealing with failure and uncertainty, and how to apply an “adventurous mindset” to all endeavours. He has started successful companies and lead many expeditions around the globe, including climbing the “Seven Summits”.
During this interview, Neil Laughton notes that “some want it to happen, others wish it would happen and then others make it happen” – he has done just that, he has made it happen. His attitude and vision culminated in him building a company, obtaining a £40, 000, 000 turnover, and then selling it to a FTSE 100 company.
Laughton tributes his continued success to his “adventurous mindset” – “someone who is willing to take risks, to try out new ideas, new methods or experiences in life or in their business”. By working closely with CEO’s, Laughton is able to mentor business leaders and share his secret to success. This is achieved through applying various key methods such as experiential training, the adventurous mindset, understanding risk and how to survive a crisis.
It is fascinating to witness all he has achieved and the way in which his brilliant outlook inspires and helps audiences. From summiting Mount Everest with Bear Grylls to working closely with leading CEO’s, Laughton’s principles have no bounds and serve to help everyone “make it happen”.
- 00:16 – Who are you and what do you do?
- 00:59 – You have founded many companies… Has an “adventurous mindset” helped your businesses succeed?
- 02:42 – You have been a Special Forces Officer, an Expedition Leader and a business entrepreneur. How do you manage fear and uncertainty?
- 04:25 – As a Business Mentor to many CEO’s, do you use and value experiential training?
- 06:09 – Your adventure CV is impressive – 6 expeditions on Mt Everest, crossing the Sahara Desert in a flying car and numerous world records. What is your secret to success?