James Rickards is a global commentator on finance, risk and geo-politics, and a New York Times bestselling author. His new book ‘The New Great Depression: Winners and Losers in a Post-Pandemic World’ was released on 12th January 2021.
As an investment advisor, lawyer, inventor, and economist he has held senior positions at Citibank, Long-Term Capital Management, and Caxton Associates. With advisory roles to the likes of the U.S intelligence community and FDD Center on Economic and Financial Power in Washington DC, he is highly regarded for his expertise. James is currently the Editor of Strategic Intelligence (a financial newsletter), he also has written various op-ed pieces for several prominent publications such as the Financial Times, The Telegraph, New York Times and the Washington Post.
- 00:17 – Your book ‘The New Great Depression: Winners and Losers in a Post-Pandemic World’ was released on 12th January 2021 – Could you give us a brief overview of what we can expect?
- 01:43 – This month’s milestone is Joe Biden’s inauguration. What can we expect from his administration re the US economy and its recovery?
- 04:37 – Will the new measures help bring back confidence in the US for international investors after 4 years of turbulence?
- 07:18 – Which industries will this new ‘Depression’ affect most?
- 10:03 – Which industries will benefit the most?
- 12:09 – Are AI and new technologies changing the way we do ‘Predictive analysis’? Will they help regarding Risk-management?
- 13:44 – Bitcoin recently reached new hights this year – Are Cryptocurrencies a good alternative investment? Or are they overrated?
- 16:50 – Looking from a global point of view. Have you noticed any positive patterns emerging in international economy’s or recoveries?
- 19:20 – How strongly will the new “working from home” norm impact the global economy? Will it have a positive or negative outcome?
James Rickards’ book “The New Great Depression” is available
Interested in booking James Rickards as a keynote speaker for your next event?